Friday, March 22, 2013

'People it can happen that fast' – Shawn Moore




Someone showed New Jersey social workers a picture of this man's son posing with his .22 rifle, a birthday present. This is his account of what happened next:

The fight has officially been brought to my front door

Last night I was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops and dyfs (Department of Youth and Family Services) are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe.

I'm instantly on my way. I get in contact with evan Nappen ( the family lawyer) on the way. I explain the situation. I walk in my house and hand the phone to the first cop I see. Then direct all of em outside. Dyfs got a call because of a pic on my son holding a gun. They wanted to look around and check all my guns out, make sure they were all registered. Obviously that didn't go well because I refused. I had Nappen on speaker phone the entire time so they had to deal with both of us. They kept trying to pressure me to open my safe. They had no warrant, no charges, nothing. I didn't budge. I was told I was being "unreasonable" and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn't open my safe. Told me they were gonna get a search warrant. Told em go ahead. Nappen (my lawyer) asked me for the dyfs workers name. she wouldnt give it. i asked for credentials and she wouldnt show em. i tried to take a pic of her and she turned around real fast and walked away. After a while of them threatening to take my kids, get warrants and intimidation they left. Empty handed and seeing nothing.

People it can happen that fast. Most people wouldn't have stood up to them like I did. - Shawn Moore, New Jersey, Sunday, March 17, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment