Monday, August 20, 2012

Willie too sick to pray at Denver - thin air to breathe


DENVER – Country music super star Willie Nelson, 79, did not appear at a scheduled fundraiser in Castle Pines Village on Saturday. According to an announcement made to the crowd, Nelson, was “suffering from breathing problems due to the high altitude and emphysema” and taken to a near by hospital. He was scheduled for a fundraiser for the Denver Dumb Friends League called Lulu’s Barkin BBQ. A source tells 9NEWS Nelson’s band and back-up singers arrived at the venue, but Nelson never made it. A spokesperson for AEG Live, the promoters that usually handle Nelson’s performances, offered no comment on Sunday.

According to Willie's website, he made a quick trip to a hospital to be safe, then headed the bus for the house, where he's resting and comfortable. - The Legendary

3 comments:

  1. Too sick to "pray" or too sick to "play"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it sounds like Willie had a little sinking spell, and he was smart enough not to push it. He hit the horse pistol and checked it out, then headed for the house to cool it for awhile. I'm proud of him. I want him around for a long time to come. What he has done shows good sense.

    Waylon's baby brother Beau told me not long ago that the only thing keeping Willie alive is the fact that he changed his ways - quit cigarettes and hard liquor and switched to herb. I believe him. I like it like that. Don't have many heros to choose from, bubba. I'll stick with what I've got. I guess I'm crazy, but - hell's bells, I'm a Hill County boy, too. - The Legendary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel this is one of the such a lot important info for
    me. And i am happy reading your article. But want to remark on
    few common issues, The website style is great, the articles is in
    point of fact nice : D. Just right task, cheers
    Here is my blog car insurance quotes

    ReplyDelete