Saturday, July 7, 2012

Big tax headaches for Little League on Blue Monday



Appraisal District hearing appeal today

Midway – Peewee ball players eagerly await the results of a new appeal to the McLennan County Appraisal District honchos who are taxing them out of the old ball game.

School districts, the Commissioners Court and City Councils throughout the area are able to maintain the polite fiction that they have not raised taxes, but the truth is hard to squeeze out of that statement when you look at the numbers.

Go figure.


At the old valuation, the yearly tax on the ball park was only about $700, but the value placed on the ball park by the outside contractor raised the levy to $5,000.


The baseball fields are the property of David Jayroe's family. He says that the standing agreement has been kept in place for 60 years, so the kids will have a place to play organized ball.

Said Mr. Jayroe, “The past use of the property over the last 60 years and our family's intentions are clearly known. We want to continue working with the little league to provide these facilities.”

The little sluggers and their pops are keeping their fingers crossed this morning.



Pray for Mighty Casey at the bat, oh, city dads of Waco, and be afraid; be very afraid, saith The Legendary.

Finger-poppin' daddy'o's from far and wide are watching you.

2 comments:

  1. Who is on the appraisal board,RANDY RIGGS THE DEMOCRAT CANDIDATE ,HO,NOW WANTING TO BE A REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE FOR TAX COLLECTOR,HO AND TAKE BUDDYS PLACE,HO WHY IS NO ONE REPORTING THIS,HO,WELL ,NO ON HAS THE B---S TO DO IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Riggs has been the City of Waco's representative on the McAD board. It's my understanding that there are representatives of manufacturers, transportation corporations, real estate interests, school boards, city governments, banking interests, and the highway lobby.

    As to why no one is reporting this, well, is there a reason you consider me no one? Must be. I've been on the story for months, now, and you call me no one. As to my balls, well, you know, I have a pair, but I don't use them to write my stories. I use my fingers, my brain and my eyes to get the job done. My gonads are reserved for other purposes. Thank you for sharing, sir. I do appreciate your interest in this extremely important matter. I think the people have spoken in regards to taxes, and the dialogue is far from over. Keep up the good work, and don't forget to write any time you have new information. - The Legendary, Jim Parks

    ReplyDelete