Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Georgia banker confesses he stole depositor money

Flies coop, plays dead, catches the boat

Atlanta – Federal investigators are offering a $20,000 reward for the arrest of a bank director who disappeared in Key West after confessing he took off with $17 million in investors' funds.

Aubrey Lee Price left regulators and bank examiners a rambling letter in which he said, in part, “I created false statements, covered up my losses and deceived and hurt the very people I was trying to help.”

Family members say they think Mr. Price intended to take his own life after boarding a ferry in Key West. “My depression and discouragement have driven me to deep anxiety, fear and shame. I am emotionally overwhelmed and incapable of continuing in this life,” he wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment