Friday, September 10, 2010

9/11/10 - 9th Anniversary Of War In The Streets


After 9 years of the war on terror, it's not what you think of
the war today, it's what you thought the first day that counts

...A typical city involved in a typical daydream;
hang it up and see what tomorrow brings...
- The Dead

How did you feel during the first 24 hours after the planes
hit the big buildings in Manhattan?

I felt shocked.

Too numb for panic, I just sat and watched the videos over
and over, trying to absorb what I was seeing.

When the first skyscraper pancaked and started folding up
like an accordion, I sat at the bar off the lobby of an
Austin hotel, my mouth full of hamburger, and said,
stupidly, "It just fell down!"

Some guy who had just walked in said, "What's happening?"

All I could say was that it just fell down. It fell down.
Just fell down.

I wasn't exactly sure what had happened, or why. I just
knew it was going to affect the rest of my life and there
was nothing I could do about it.

Nothing.

According to 911 Truth.org, "On August 31, 2004, Zogby
International, the official North American political polling
agency for Reuters, released a poll that found nearly half
(49.3%) of New York City residents and 41% of those in New
York state believe US leaders had foreknowledge of impending
9/11 attacks and 'consciously failed' to act. Of the New York
City residents, 66% called for a new probe of unanswered ques-
tions by Congress or the New York Attorney General.




Nine years later, I know less than I knew at that moment.
According to popular mythology, the action of two airplanes
hitting the twin towers caused three buildings to collapse -
one of which, Building 7, was not hit by an airplane. It
just fell into a neat little pile of debris like some old
Mafia palace on the Vegas Strip going down to make room for
a glittering new corporate theme park with craps, roulette
and slots.

The truth is, according to structural engineers and high
rise architects, a steel-framed has never before been known
to collapse because of fire.

That much is a known fact.

All I truly know today is that the date, 9/11, is a line of
demarcation when the nation's Main Street institutions - its
show places and national monuments, transportation systems,
communications capabilities, critical infrastructure - all
slipped into the darkness at the edge of town, into a world
of danger and uncertainty.

The U.S. became a war zone, though it has not been attacked
since then.

"Since 9/11..." has become a national refrain regarding
everything from electronic records to buying airline
tickets, banking money, or casting a vote for the candidate
of your choice.

We live in an atmosphere of total war crafted by men who
knew as little I did during that first 24-hour period. The
nation is involved in two multidivisional wars on two
fronts.

The national economy has been bled white in a crusade
against "terror," as amorphous as that concept may be; and
still, after all that, the wealthiest one percent of the
population demand that our government finance another $700
billion in borrowed funds in order to keep their taxes as
low as possible.

Hoo, hah!

I should weep, and I would if it weren't for the fact that
I'm still somewhat in shock after 9 years of war time
conditions.





So, neighbor, how does it feel now, to be through the
looking glass on the dark side, on the outside looking in,
down the rabbit hole?

I'm going to stay home tomorrow and try not to write
anything all day. It's not going to be a good day to go
wandering.

Betting the number is like saying it's gonna be the ninth
horse in the ninth race on the ninth day of the ninth month
of the ninth year.

It's a sucker's bet. I wouldn't go there.

Many flags unfurled. More than that, I would not care to say.

They ignore the truthers. Really weird things happen to false
flaggers.

Shalom.



No comments:

Post a Comment